Hunt Club-Ottawa Airport is bounded by Hunt Club Road and Uplands Drive on the north, the Greenbelt to the south, the Airport Parkway to the east and Riverside Drive to the west. The Hunt Club neighbourhoods were initially part of the Gloucester Township before their amalgamation to Ottawa in 2001. The area was settled in the early nineteenth century and was later named after the prominent Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club, which was established as a private club in 1907. The current Hunt Club bedroom neighbourhoods (neighbourhoods where people sleep, but do not work) date back to the 1970s. This neighbourhood also includes the Ottawa International Airport which was founded as the Hunt Club Field in 1919.